Singer Gabriella ‘Gabi’ Wilson, better known for her stage name, H.E.R., stepped out for dinner at Avra Restaurant in Beverly Hills.
Former winner of ‘Radio Disney’s Next Big Thing‘ has been gaining traction recently and was even nominated for several Grammys, including ‘Best New Artist,‘ ‘R&B Performance,‘ ‘R&B Album‘ and ‘Album of the Year‘ for the self-titled project, H.E.R.
If you are wondering who this up-and-comer is, here are some of her deets:
- The 21-year-old beauty was born in Vallejo, California and grew up in the San Francisco Bay area
- She was first discovered on the ‘Today Show‘ as a child prodigy playing Alicia Keys songs at 12 years old
- She signed her first record deal with Sony at 14 years old and released her first solo under her real name, Gabriella Wilson
- She later signed with RCA Records and H.E.R. was born
- She goes by the name ‘H.E.R.’ an acronym for Having Everything Revealed
- H.E.R. has a backing of many celebrities that include Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner, and Taraji P. Henson
- She is a feminist at heart – “I am a voice for women who feel like they’re alone in these situations. This project came from emotion, and that’s what I want it to be about – not what I look like or who I’m with, but the raw emotion and support for women.”
- At 21 years old she has already released 5 E.P. albums; H.E.R. Volume 1 (2016), H.E.R. Volume 2 (2017), H.E.R. Volume 2, The B Sides (2017), I Used To Know Her: The Prelude (2018) and I Used To Know Her: Part 2 (2018)
- Her album H.E.R. has racked up and impressive 20 million streams on Spotify
- She has been nominated for ‘Best New Artist’ and ‘Best Album of the Year’ for the 2019 Grammy Awards
H.E.R. style is already pure fire, proven by the bright orange coat, black ensemble, and white sneakers she wore to dinner.
If you haven’t streamed one of her songs yet, it’s time that you do – Clearly she isn’t going anywhere.